Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Reviewing IM5's Cover of "It's Gonna Be Me"

As some of you may know, I have a very healthy obsession with boy bands. Always have. Probably always will. A few weeks ago a good friend of mine pointed me in the direction of this music video and the 16 year old in me freaked out like none other.




Boy band? Check.

Mashup? Check.

Choreographed dancing in slightly racist costumes? Check.

Basically it had all the makings of everything a great youtube video should have. I had never heard of this band but I was pretty much ready to punch some 12 year old girls to get a front row spot at their concert.

So today when I found out this random band of boys (who may or may not resemble an advertisement for an ethnically conscious textbook) were at it again, I pretty much shit myself. I double shit myself when I found out they were a boy band covering a boy band. 

Exactly like this.

So let's recap this video, shall we?

For starters take a gander at the video below and by all means follow along with my particularly insightful commentary. 



RECAP

0:04 - Okay. Starting out in the same school building as the last video. Das cool. 

0:12 - Mexican child has a tail. Watch out; I bet he's going to be the wild one of the group. 

0:43 - Cardigan boy has the derpiest derp face ever. 

0:52 - I can't tell if this location is on purpose or they just decided to film in a parking lot. 

0:53 - Definitely parking lot. There's a shit ton of trash everywhere. Keep it classy IM5.

1:07 - STOP WITH THE WEIRD CAMERA MOVEMENTS

1:42 - The boy with eyeliner needs to learn to dance. And he needs to stop wearing eyeliner. Little boy, you are no Pete Wentz. 

1:47 - Oh no. I don't think I can handle the Tiny's bad lip synching. I don't know his real name so I'll name him Teacup.

1:50 - Someone just sang but no one's lips moved. THIS IS A DISASTER. BRING BACK JUSTIN. BRING BACK LANCE BASS. 

1:52 - Seriously, I would even settle for Joey Fat-One at this point. 

1:56 - It happened. Teacup got a solo. You go Teacup.

2:06 - Way to fuck that up, Teacup. Pro tip: To get people to believe you're really singing, try moving your lips in a singing-like motion. 

2:16 - Whoa now, little letter jacket boy has some serious confusion on his face. I think I'll call him Tiny Burrito. Yep. I went there.

2:18 - GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, TINY BURRITO! THIS IS NOT BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT. DANCE LIKE MARIO LOPEZ IS JUDGING THE FUCK OUT OF YOU. You wouldn't survive a single episode on America's Best Dance Crew. 

2:34 - So. Much. Eyeliner. 

2:51 - Teacup, you're literally killing me. 

3:10 - It's..It's over. I'm okay. We're all okay. It's okay. 


No comments:

Post a Comment